Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our Sunday prayer for fallen away / non-practicing Catholics: The Our Father

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

AMEN.

St. Dominic, please pray for all the non-practicing Catholics in our lives. Please pray that they will make it to heaven. Amen.

Wow, I think that is the first time I have ever typed out the Our Father. I've prayed it so many times, but never typed it out! May God bless you all on this beautiful Sunday day!

2 comments:

  1. I invite you to visit the web site of the Marian Mantle Group, www.MarianMantle.com we are an all-volunteer group of Catholics whose hearts are aching because someone they love is no longer a practicing Catholic. We join together under the mantle of the Blessed Mother, in prayer and support of each other through exchange of ideas, local "silent strength" prayer groups in parishes and family homes, an online prayer group which reaches around the globe in membership, and workshops to help us learn to live in peace instead of guilt and anxiety. We work from the motto "It is not hopeless and we are not helpless!" I invite you to learn more about the MMG, become part of the group, and work and pray together with us. Meanwhile, may you be blessed with the unconditional love (of the father of the Prodigal Son)for your prodigal Catholic, and with the grace of perseverance in prayer until the day you may be able to say, "Rejoice with me! The one for whom I have prayed has come home!"
    MaryAnn Gardner, Marian Mantle Group Coordinator
    maryann@marianmantle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your posts and based on my own personal experience I understand being worried for oneself and for one's own loved ones regarding their faith. I think we all go through certain valley and peak experiences of faith. Just thought of sharing my latest insight into getting closer to the Lord. As and when you can pray to the Sacred Heart and ask for the grace to love Him more and for a more fervent love for the Sacred Heart. I guarantee it will help you tremendously in your relationship to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete